How can I become a CASA volunteer?
All applicants interested in becoming an Advocate are must:
- Complete a written application containing information about educational background and training, employment and volunteer history, and experience working with children
- Submit the names of 3 references of persons unrelated to applicant
- Authorize CASA to secure a criminal background check
- Participate in a personal interview(s) with the Program Director
- Attend 30 hours of pre-service training & observe court
- Attend 12 hours of additional in-service trainings on an annual basis
- Commit to a minimum of 12 months of volunteer service
- Sign a Volunteer Agreement upon the completion of training.
Bryan County CASA holds volunteer training sessions monthly. Individual & Flexible training hours can be arranged.
Training will be conducted at the CASA office located at:
208 West Cedar Street
Durant, OK 74701
For more information contact: